3 years ago
World cup team preview; can pakistan shiver off preworld cup slouch? 312 views
Tue Jan 27 2015 in New Delhi by Himanshu Shekhar
1. Pakistan are in Pool B along (South Africa, India Zimbabwe, West Indies, Ireland & UAE
2. Pakistan's World Cup icebreaker is against India on 15 February.
3. Mohammad Irfan will lead Pakistan's bowling attack in the WC.
4. The numbers over the history suggest that Pakistan have small chance at the 2015 ICC World Cup 2014. They in progress the twelve month cycle with a three or two win in the ODI series against Sri Lanka rode a conquest over India into the concluding of the Asia Cup but then misplaced a series in Sri Lanka, 0 to three Australia and two to three to New Zealand in their home pedestal of the United Arab Emirates. With just 3 wins in their previous 11 starts, Pakistan has not had a perfect preparation going into the WC.
5. Then again have Pakistan yet had ideal arrangements? The past suggests that at what time they have their backs to the wall; the mercurial team comes up with performances that inspires, mesmerizes and leaves the staunchest of critics enthralled. Pakistan cricket has been built around flair and continued existence nature.
6. Pakistan is placed in Group B with West Indies, South Africa, India Ireland, Zimbabwe, and the United Arab Emirates. They boot start their campaign on 15 February at Adelaide Oval against defensive champions India in what promises to turn out to be the most-watched competition in cricket history. Will this bring the most excellent out of Pakistan and take them past the quarter-finals?
7. Group: Pool B
8. Captain: Misbah-ul-Haq
the bowling unit is with no trouble the team's main strength. In spite of losing offspinner Saeed Ajmal to the ICC's hard line approach against think bowling actions, Pakistan's attack has the promise to do fine. Junaid Khan, Sohail Khan, Ehsan,Mohammad Irfan, Ehsan Adil,and Wahab Riaz give the team a nice mix together. Sohail Khan, who many consider is a surprise choose, has been satisfied for being the uppermost wicket-taker in the Quaid-e-Azam Gold league.Irfan, Junaid, Wahab and give the team a strong option of left-arm speed while leg spinner Yasir Shah has emerged as a precious wicket-taking choice.Throw in Shahid Afridi & the attack wears a equal look.
their fielding & middle-order batting appear to be in a neck-and-neck competition. Misbah-ul-Haq's and skipper Younis Khan conservative approach has not worked out healthy for the team. Pakistan's fielding determination is one of the main concerns for the side at the World Cup where the better grounds can irk them..
11. Recent ODI form (last six months)
v Sri Lanka:
12. Lost 2-1 (in Sri Lanka)
13. Lost 3-0 (in UAE)
v New Zealand:
14. Lost 3-2 (in UAE)
Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Younis Khan, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Umar Akmal, Haris Sohail,Sohaib Maqsood, Yasir Shah, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Irfan, Ehsan Adil, Junaid Khan, Wahab Riaz & Sohail Khan.
15, February 2015:
17. India vs Pakistan, Adelaide Oval(Adelaide)
21, February 2015:
18. Pakistan vs West Indies, Hagley Oval(Christchurch)
1, March 2015:
19. Pakistan vs Zimbabwe, The Gabba(Brisbane)
4, March 2015:
20. Pakistan vs United Arab Emirates(McLean Park)
7, March 2015:
21. South Africa vs Pakistan Eden Park(Napier)
15 , March 2015:
22. Pakistan vs Ireland Adelaide Oval(Adelaide)