3 years ago
Fast and furious cricket player of 2015 is de villiers 493 views
A few days after the Australian legend Adam Gilchrist described Villiers of AB, South Africa as most valuable cricketer on the planet, the wicketkeeper-drummer then to break the record for the fastest century in ODI. Against West Indies ODI vagrants second in the series of five matches on Sunday, De Villiers stunned everyone, blazing to three figures in only 31 deliveries to lead South Africa to 439/2 - their highest score in an ODI.
Knock the breath of the captain of the South Africa unbeaten 151 shadow of Hashim Amla and century-updated ODI maiden by Rilee Rossouw while players unhappy Windies ran away. A host of documents were presented and broken during the rounds of the South Africa.
Here's a look at some milestones:
(1) AB de Villiers broke the record for the fastest century in ODI. He broke the record of the Corey Anderson of the New Zealand, breaking a ton off just 31 deliveries. It is also the fastest in all list A games.
(2) de Villiers has also recorded the fastest ODI fifty off just 16 balls, overflow Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka, who held the previous record, to score 50 off 17 deliveries against Pakistan in 1996.
(3) de Villiers also equalled the record of Rohit Sharma Indian for more than 6 years by a drummer in an ODI with 16 hits over the fence.
(4) - 339 strikers Villiers was the first instance of a drummer by scoring more than 100 with a rate of strikers-more than 300.
(5) the 247 - run between Hashim Amla and Rilee Rossouw stand is higher for the window opening in the ODIs and sixth place in the overall standings of the South Africa. The previous record was Harper Gibbs and Gary Kirsten 235 goes against India at Kochi.
(6) 439/2 is the highest total of the South Africa in ODIs. Their best previous was 438/9 against the Australia in 2006 at the same location.
(7) three South African drummers - Amla, Rossouw and de Villiers - recorded centuries in sleeves of same the first time in an ODI. AMLA scored an unbeaten 153, Rossouw scored 128 and De Villiers smashed a 44-ball 149.
(8) Amla scored an undefeated 153 to lead South Africa to a record amount. It is his highest score in ODIs, improving his previous record of 150 against England in Southampton.
(9) Amla became the fastest for 18 centuries of ODI, taking 102 rounds to reach the cue point. It is followed by of the India Virat Kohli (119 sleeves) and De Villiers (159 sleeves).
(10) de Villiers and Amla recorded the second most rapid 100 - run stand for any scheme in ODIs, taking 33 deliveries. They added 192 runs for the second window before De Villiers initially in the final during their tours. The record for the 100-run partnership fastest is held by New Zealander Nathan Astle and Craig McMillan.
(11) 439 total of South Africa is the second high in the history of ODI after 443 Sri Lanka against the Netherlands.